On top of the news that the acrobatic gymnastics component of Pacific Rim 2010 has been cancelled due to lack of interest (see GA for a statement), it is with much sadness and sighing that I now post the following message from Wolfie, moderator of the Aussie Gymnastics Message Board.
Hi Gym Peeps,
It's been fun, but the time has come to say goodbye to the Aussie board. We just don't have the traffic or the interest for it to continue.
If you want to keep up with gymnastics news both in Australia and internationally, I recommend the following links (in no particular order):
Gymnastics Australia: http://www.gymnastics.org.au/
- (For officially sanctioned news from GA)
GA on Twitter: http://twitter.com/GymAustralia
- (Get the goss - the recent goss on Aussie gym news)
Mez's blog: http://ozgymnastics.blogspot.com/
- (Find out Mez's perspective on things. She's a passionate Aussie gymnastics fan, but hey, you already know that. You're here!)
- (Understand what's happening around the world. Chat and debate with people who aren't antipodean)
The Gossip Board: http://gymgossip.com/
- (Edgy, definitely adults-only, highly moderated, but a really good source of the latest news, scores, gossip and opinions)
- (A Facebook group for Aussie gymnastics run by Mez)
The Couch Gymnast: http://couch-gymnast.blogspot.com/
- (An internationally focused gym blog)
There are many more, but I think you'll find the ones listed are a good start.
Long live Aussie Gymnastics!
It is a shame, as I've always tried to direct any prolonged discussions over there.
So, in the past year we've bid farewell to the message board and the A-Z of Australian Gymnastics, two very important and entertaining webspaces that inspired, informed and nurtured this blog from its humble beginnings in 2008.
My best to all who contributed to both spaces, I appreciate the great discussions and experiences we shared. It was a pleasure and a privilege to meet some of you in person. I like to think I have some great friends standing behind me and the blog as we trundle along the dusty path of gymnastics fan reporting and spectating.
To paraphrase a late, great, author - So long and thanks for all the dish.