Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ahoy There!

Avast ye, and such!

Greetings from somewhere in the South Pacific, wobbling and bobbling over the ocean. We're not at our destination yet but I can tell you all that I'm alive and well ("Damn", I hear you say).

I am quite lame, I will admit - on Thursday, when we touched down in Sydney (where we caught the boat from yesterday afternoon), I kept my eye out in the domestic terminal for our AYOF team. To no avail, of course. But you can't say I didn't try! I did have my own luggage to keep an eye on, though.

The cabin steward on our deck is Romanian, and it's taken all my strength not to ask him about the national gymnastics team. Stupid, I know. I do suppose it's as incongruous as asking any British person what they think about such-and-such distant relative of Her Maj.

Anyway! I'll hopefully get back near a computer soon. Hope you're all keeping your eyes and ears out for news of the AYOF and other events.

Stay fabulous, mes amis! (or in this case - Mez's amis! Nyuk nyk nyuk)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh you're on a cruise?? I LOVED mine. Have a great time and here's a tio- try the cocktail of the day everyday! But not before dinner- 5 courses + cocktail = yukness :)
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Honest to god you made me laugh out loud with your comments on hoping to see the Aussie girls at the airport! I have been on three domestic flights with Peggy Liddick in the last year - no shit! I swear to god, one of us is stalking the other...

Anonymous said...

AYOF Team are in Canberra at camp and will go by bus to sydney on Tuesday morning

Anonymous said...

Had a look at the AYOF website and it now seems that Zoe has made the team - someone must have been injured

Anonymous said...

hey does anyone know where you can watch footage of the AYOF

Anonymous said...

It must be Ashley Cooney who is out - her name is gone......