Some cracking photos and videos are being added to each page simultaneously every day, and today's training session alone proved a goldmine.
You'll notice there are 7 Aussie girls on the floor; apparently Emma Nedov has travelled to Melbourne with the team. I believe this has to do with Georgia Wheeler's (noticeably strapped) knee?
Thanks to the Anon who posted these titillating tidbits...
"USA look unstoppable.
Marta has a new little fave in Kyla Ross who did some beaut bar work.
Bross and Sloan struggled on bars - but their difficulty is amazing - if they hit (and I suspect they will) they will be unbeatable.
Team AUS and team CAN had solid, solid training and the Chinese and Russians looked superb. Oh China on beam - sigh!
The junior Russians are the smallest girls in the arena bar one miniature Chinese girl. They all seemed pretty happy around Hisense today!"
And an AGB agent on the scene (possibly the same Anon, teehee) said ...
* New Zealand looked pretty good on Beam and floor!
* Larrissa Miller (AUS) did not appear to warm anything up other than bars
* Emma Nedov (AUS reserve) appeared to be training all apparatus with the rest of the team
* My friend overheard Marta Karolyi saying she liked the look of Georgia Rose Brown (AUS) (possibly just body-wise, not sure if she saw her actually doing gym...)
* Alexa Moreno (Mexico) has good tumbling! Very high! A real little powerhouse. Did Pike full in, double pike and very open double arabian tuck.
* Rebecca Bross (USA) was doing very cowboyed double fronts
* Alex Raisman (USA) was a sticking machine, stuck all her tumbling.... then bailed out of a roundoff and had a pretty spectacular fall. Walked it off, talked to her coach for a while and then went back and did 1.5 through to layout, which eventually became a double arabian.