Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pacific Rim News: One Day More

Today marks the second day of training for teams at Pacific Rim as well as the opening ceremony. My apologies for not giving comprehensive coverage of trampolining and rhythmic, but my ticket is for Hisense.

You can read some detailed observations from yesterday's artistic training sessions here, courtesy of Elaine at the International Gymnast forum.

I'll be away once again due to work today but hope to update any goings-on later this evening. I am also going to try and whip up some posters (probably not as many as I originally envisioned) with my limited time and resources. In the meantime, keep your eyes on tweets and Facebook updates.

Hope to bring you some exciting on-the-scene coverage from tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a word of warning to our interstate and international visitors and anyone generally going to Sundays session - Carlton and Collingwood (Aussie rules football teams) are playing at the MCG on Sunday (not far from Hisense Arena) they start at 2.10pm and there will be a crowd of about 90,000 going - so traffic and public transport will all be a nightmare. My advise is to catch public transport and get there early!! Forget about driving and forget about taxi's. If you are already in the city just walk - it is only about a ten minute walk from the city.

Anonymous said...

I have to leave the Sunday sess early to catch a flight. Was planning on leaving at 4pm to get to Spencer St to catch the skybus to check in at 5pm (no later- its Tiger!). Will that work??
Damn I'm nervous about it now!

Anonymous said...

a quarter officially goes for 20 minutes but with time on and time in between quarters you are looking at the game going for a minimum of 2 hours and probablly finishing around 4.30. Of course if one team completely annihilates the other then fans could leave early. Are you planning to check in to Tiger at 5 - cause that's cutting it fine.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I am thinking of alternatives now I guess!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, first Anon! I'll allow extra time.

:)

Nik said...

Just read on FB that Sloan is only competing bars- what a shame! She injured her ankle before flying out- I'm sure the 16 hours on a plane wasn't good for the swelling either

Anonymous said...

Can anyone connected to the event clarify the camera policy? What is allowed and what is not? SLRs? Compact cameras? It says small instamatic cameras but I have no idea what that means.