SEN Radio played audio from Lauren's beam final routine then did a phone interview.
* She is happy her exams are over, and with all her maths, health and science-related subjects agrees she's a "bit of a nerd". She has "never thought of it like that", that no Aussie gymnast has quite achieved what she did in London.
* Admits she doesn't like watching others compete so did not watch other beam final competitors before she went up. Mez goes grrrrr at "a little girl from China won the gold" remark by the announcer
* They ask about her "crouching wolf turn" (hidden dragon!) on beam. "Do you need sorta weird toes to do it?" asked the announcer (again, grrrrr and eye roll). Lauren says she found the skill quite easy in the beginning and credits her strong legs with helping master it.
* Explains that she worked hard with Stacey on her dance skills in camp to get her floor routine at its best.
* Admits the floor routine performance felt stronger than her beam one because "the pressure was off" after medalling and she could have a bit of fun out there.
* Thinks that had she got the AA bronze, she wouldn't have been as motivated for apparatus finals. Missing out gave her a good drive for to go for broke in finals.
* Shyly admitted she will probably party and "let loose" after her competitions are over later this year.
* Kudos for working in the word "variables".
* Admits she doesn't crack out cartwheels or handstands at parties but jokes that "C'mon, my [much more impressive] routines are on YouTube!"
* Worlds was a motivation to keep training after injury
* Admits London was great, notably because she's a little more comfortable in accomodation where English is the primary language
* She is a West Coast Eagles fan, NOT a Dockers fan! But never really gets the chance to go to games.
* Doesn't really follow other sports as a fan, "gymnastics has pretty much been my whole life"
* NATIONAL CLUBS AND PAC RIM PLUG!
* Gives a hint that she wouldn't mind visiting India next year
* Hahaha, SEAMLESS plug of her Sports Award nomination! In so far as she has to quickly ask to mention it as they start farewelling her.
* They play audio of her floor as the interview finishes up