Saturday, March 14, 2009

Run Fatboy Run

Right, now who was it?

Wolfie?
Nade?
Misty?
CouchGymnast?
The vast populace of Anon's?

One of you (and I am pretty sure it was a member of my harem of lady commenters) called it a while back. GA tells us to watch The Biggest Loser on Tuesday the 17th* of March for some gymlicious action upon which they cannot comment.

Pffft. I'll try and find a way.


Karen Nguyen has joined Team 100k for the Run for the Kids and will appear with former Victorian team-mates and Athens olympians Monette Russo and Steph Moorhouse in tomorrow's Sunday Herald Sun. My friend works for that publication, I should ask him for some goss...


In other news, a dear friend of mine is shaving her head today for the Shave for a Cure in memory of a beloved teacher. I recently learned that retiree Chloe Sims did the same in memory of a friend. Good on the both of them, and anyone else taking part in this worthwhile charity event.

*17th, not the 19th as I once wrote.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I was the one who opined that "The Biggest Loser" is a horrible show that's all about ratings and humiliation, and very little to do with Channel 10 genuinely encouraging healthy lifestyles. Shame on this network for its tendancy to use sensationalism to encourage people to watch shows like this.

I also opined that it would be highly inappropriate to compare the health and fitness of elite class, teensy tiny "pre-pubescent" gymnasts with that of mostly inactive adults who are (or have been) on the obese end of the weight continuum.

If our gymnasts are on "The Biggest Loser" this week, please let it be tasteful and realistic. And please don't let it be a humiliating experience for the contestants.

I definitely want our gymnasts to get more media exposure, but I also want it to be in good taste.
Fingers crossed it will be. :-)

Wolfie.

The Couch Gymnast said...

It woin't me, but I just saw chloe sims name and had a rush of excitement about her being committed to the Utes. I can't freaking wait!!
I am now going to watch frog link. i'll be back...

Anonymous said...

Hi Mez
i think you meant the 17th not 19th.
i tried to watch this show to get an idea as i have not watched it before but found the whole think too much to stomach (pardon the pun)it will be interesting to see what they have put on to associate it with gymnastics.

Anonymous said...

GA-AIS Olympic Squad
(as at March 2009)

Lauren Mitchell (WAIS/AIS)

Daria Joura (WAIS/AIS)

Georgia Bonora (WGC/AIS)

Amber Fulljames (QAS/AIS)

Emily Little (WAIS/AIS)

Brit Greeley (VIS/AIS)

Visiting Athletes - April 2009 Camp

Emma Dennis (WGC/AIS)

Melanie Jones(AIS)

Chloe Turko (MLC/AIS)

Anonymous said...

Where is Shona?

Anonymous said...

I called it! How exciting gymnastics is going to get some advertising! The girls are going to look so small next to the contestants