Sunday, October 10, 2010

Delhi 2010: Other Stuff

Watch out for Alex Croak in the women's 10m platform diving, about to kick off on Delhi2 on Foxtel!

Alex - for those of you playing at home - was a member of the 2000 Olympics and 2002 Commonwealth Games gymnastics teams (winning a gold and a silver in the latter). She won a silver with synchro partner Melissa Wu at the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games and went on to compete at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

If she does get the gold tonight, she will be the first athlete in the history of the Commonwealth Games to win gold medals in two different sports!

ETA: AND SHE DID! Congatulations Alex and Melissa!



"My coach just told me, after the initial results came through, that I’m first person to medal in two different sports, to get the gold medal in both sports,’’ said Croak. ’’I’m extremely honoured and very proud of my achievement and I couldn’t have done without Melissa and without my coach."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alex and Melissa. What a fine performance and such an amazing achievement to create such history.

Anonymous said...

Very Cool!

Anonymous said...

Great job getting the gold...well done Alex & Melissa!

Anonymous said...

Who won the individual 10m platform for women?? My Foxtel IQ cutout with 1 dive to go!!!

Anonymous said...

The Malaysian girl Pandelela Pamg won the Gold with Melissa Wu coming 2nd and Alex Croak 3rd.