Thursday, August 7, 2008

1 Day to Go(!!!): Last Minute News

Bruce McAvaney has listed his 'must watch' sporting events for each day of the Games. At Day 5, he lists the Women's Team Final. This bewilders me because a) we might not end up seeing it if the TV guides are anything to go by (but not if my resourceful gymfan friends have anything to do with it!) and b) Apparently we are already 'in' the final.

Say what, Macca?

I think he's confusing it with prelims.

This is the same guy who got hot and bothered during Melbourne worlds over the gymnastics competition running as such that someone is on beam while someone's floor routine is going and the audience is clapping. Like they'd never prepared for it or anything.

Women's podium training is today, good luck ladies!


Unfortunately, I am working and then going to a wedding reception on Friday so I will miss any and all opening ceremony goss, as well as the event itself *sigh* so I hope you all enjoy the spectacle as we gear up for the Olympic debut of our gym team members. Give an extra big cheer when Australia comes in for me because I doubt I'll be home by then.

Please send in your "GYBRFE" photos for this blog's collection as the open call comes to a close later tonight. We wanna see your smilin' faces!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the opening ceremony is being replayed saturday morning if you feel like getting up to watch it. are the girls marching? I'm guessing not but thought i'd check anyway.

Mez said...

No, they are not marching.

They usually don't get to march in the ceremony :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Mez,
Thanks for your page. Great spot to get up to date info. I am very keen to watch the Women's team finals which I am sure Australia will be in. If you hear anything about Channel 7 broadcasting some of the finals can you please let us know on this board?
Cheers,
JH