Sunday, August 10, 2008

Australia: Preliminary Round

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! Time is ticking away, I believe there are about ten or fifteen minutes to go until our girls march out!

Keep tabs on live scores here: http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastics/resultsandschedules/rsc=GAW499C01/index.html

and depending on whether or not it shows on telly at a reasonable hour (no doubt after the scheduled soccer, hockey and basketball matches) I will blog during it, or at least after each rotation.

Cross all your humanoid digits, gymfans. This is it.


Rotation 1 - Floor

7:00pm Melbourne time.
I only just had dinner. I think I'm about to lose it.

Girls march in, green-and-gold as previously seen. Hurray!


7:05 Russia off to a good start on vault

7:06 Shona 14.525 on floor, hopefully she stood everything up!

7:08 Georgia got an identical score... ditto above remarks!

7:10 Ashleigh 14.625! With B-scores in the high 8's! This is all despite a deducation for a step out of bounds.

7:13 Lauren 14.650 with a .3 deduction... must've gone out of bounds (lemme guess, that damned arabian again?)

7:17 Hallooo? Dasha's floor? Egads, am twisting and un-twisting the bottom of my shirt in anxiety. C'mon Dash!

7:18 NOOOOOOOOOOO 13.45!? Execution in the 7's!? Please tell me this is a mistake! Please don't let her be hurt or anything! I'm going to be sick, I'm going to be sick, I'm going to be sick...


7: 22 I'm still going to be sick. I'm still going to be sick. Hers is the score they're dropping, naturally. This is VERY weird and nobody seems to be able to tell me anything from web feeds. Arrrrrgghhhh!

7:26 They have rotated to vault.

Rotation 2 - Vault

7:28 Shona gets a 14.7, with B-scores in the 9's! Le's hope it was a Y-double!

7:29 A score of 14.85 for Georgia, wooohoo!

7:30 Ashleigh 14.775, more B-scores in the 9's.

7:32 Lauren 14.725, our girls clearly must have some stunning vaults happening (even just in bodyline and form...)

7:33 Dasha scores 15.1! Must've been the double and must've been a good one! (edited to add: I believe it was the double, she just had a big step on the landing)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

joura gets a 13.450 on floor, her score doesnt count to the team :(