Sunday, August 10, 2008

What'd I Miss!? What'd I Miss!?

I had a 21st to go to last night, and of course the ONE time I'm out of the house assuming gym won't get shown is the ONE time gym is shown. I walked in the door after 11pm to find the 5th rotation underway, with China and Japan's respective men's teams giving one another a run for their money. And then.... it cut away. So that was it. My fifteen minutes of gym rations.

But I did appreciate their efforts to explain the new scoring system, and I noticed poor Liz C has a cold? That damn smog, it ruins everything...

Turns out Sam didn't do as well as hoped. I didn't have high hopes this morning, but couldn't find anything in the newspapers. Until now.
Good on him for trying. He certainly improved on his PB at least, smashing it by 12 places.

ANYWAY! Today is the big day, the biiiiiiiiiiig daaaaaay, the biggus dayus, yup, the big day-er-oonie.

I can't wait! Apparently I'm waiting until just after Noon (possibly nearer to 2pm, given all the swimming?) to see some gym action. I don't know, Channel 7 stuffed me around a bit yesterday. Hope they do better today.

Find WAG prelims start lists here.

Australia Floor: Shona, Georgia, Ashleigh, Lauren, Dasha
Australia Vault: Shona, Georgia, Ashleigh, Lauren, Dasha
Australia Bars: Shona, Georgia, Ashleigh, Olivia, Dasha
Australia Beam: Shona, Georgia, Ashleigh, Lauren, Dasha

No big surprises there, except for Dasha preceding Lauren on beam.

So good luck, ladies, do us proud! We know you can do it!


(Y'know what's weird? Dressage.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know they showed about three or four little bits of gym throughout the night, but not sure of exactly what times. I desperately want to see a big chunk of gym, not little snippits! Like I said on the board, why don't they use their digital stations (they have three) to show different sports at the same time? At least swimming won't interrupt us tonight! What time are we expecting it to start today, and what time will the aussies be on?

Mez said...

Australia is in the 3rd subdivision that I believe is being run about 5, maybe 5:30 Beijing time?

I was under the impression that gym would be on from Noon today, looks like it might be 2pm going via the newspaper. If it's another night of incomplete late-night chunks slotted in between things again, I will spew.

So ostensibly, with Channel 7's attitude, the Aussies could be shown any old time. Sorry I can't help.

Anonymous said...

i think the aust WAG start at 1700 Beijing time, so 7pm Aust EST.

dont worry, they didn't show much MAG prelims.

just a few chn and jpn routines, then an interesting rings performance (russian fell on his head, looked nasty), diego on floor, jovtchev on rings, few rom routines on vault and pb.

then blr finishing up on HB.

Anonymous said...

oh and they showed Fabi messing up his PH dismount.

does Fabi speak english? i may be wrong, but i think he yelled out the F word while coming off the PH podium.

Anonymous said...

***
Coverage of subdivision 2 (USA):
http://www.aelling.lir.dk/public/
Click "click here to play", choose "Sport TV", choose "Danmark - TV2 Live 3".

It'll be on at 3:30 Australian Eastern Standard Time. This is the only site I've found that works in Australi. Shame it isn't showing subdivision 3 though.