Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Australia: Team Final

Today marks Part 1 of Australia's 2-part finals participation (TF and AA).

Best of luck to the team, particularly Dasha who will be making a mammoth effort to compete bars and vault (in the back of my mind I had a feeling she would).

I agree with whoever commented that a 'Strug'-like finish would be miraculous to see; Dasha's courageous effort gets us a bronze.

Sorry I've been away. I wasn't able to get near the computer yesterday so I'm still catching up! Big thanks to special agent Nik for posting information from the NBC footage. Channel 7 coverage has been so scant, I am going to try and ring them today to find out what's going on with the final. I have work at 7pm so I'm really ticked off that I will most likely be missing it anyway! I will try and update from webfeeds, but I'd really like to see it on the larger screen, and to record it for posterity!

Our Roster, according the official Olympic website, is:

Beam: Shona -Ash - Lauren

Floor: Georgia - Ash - Lauren (hit that piked arabian, Loz, c'mon!)

Vault: Georgia - Lauren - Dash (shame they're not taking Shona's double)

Bars: Shona - Olivia - Dash

To get you in the mood, here's a screenshot from my telly of the girls, from the brief "Vote for Your Favourite Olympic Moment From Today and Win a Bunch of Shiny Crap From Our Sponsors Who Are Interfering With the Amount of Sports We Get To Show You. In Fact, Isn't It Fist-Eatingly Ironic That Half the Footage You're About To See Didn't Even Get Screened For You BECAUSE of Those Sponsors!?" segment.




ETA - ALERT ALERT! BREAKING NEWS, FANTASTIC NEWS!
I just rang Channel 7 (took me long enough to find their bloody phone number!), the team final will be showing (in Melbourne at least) at approximately 3:08pm AEST today but this is subject to change.

Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

No comments: